Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Monday, May 24, 2010

Copic Creations Monochrome Challenge

I've been teaching monthly Colors of Copics classes that involve using three Copic markers, from the same color family, to apply color using various techniques.  There are so many different looks that you can get from just three Copic markers!  So as soon as I saw this month's Copic Creations challenge, I knew I had to participate!

Here's a picture of a card that I submitted for the Copic Creations challenge:  Monochrome Copic Coloring (find the challenge here).  I don't have any of the Paper Makeup Stamps by the challenge's current sponsor, Katie Cotton, so I used a fairy image that I'm sure could work well with any color scheme.



I stamped The Rubber Cafe images (Woodland Fairy and Anything is Possible) using Memento Grape Jelly ink.  Bazzill Smooth cardstock worked nicely with Bazzill Bling and Worldwin DoubleMates Lovely Lilac.  I used Copic markers V0000, V000 and V01 for the fairy's wings and skin; V04, V06 and V09 for her dress; V91, V93 and V95 for her hair.  I used V12 to airbrush lightly around the image.  Colorless Blender faded her skin and wings to white.  atyou Spica Clear added magnificent sparkle to her wings and the flowy part of her dress.  Prima crystals added a little more bling to the border and image.  After using the Martha Stewart border punch, I like to set aside the remaining punched shapes to include as confetti for the inside of the card.   A thin Offray ribbon tied it all together.

Creating monochromatic projects using Copic markers, all from the same color family, allows you to apply various Copic techniques for added texture and dimension.  Give it a try!  You'll like it!

2 comments:

Lilian said...

Beautiful! I love your shades of violet. :) Thanks for joining the Copic Creations Challenge!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Rose, as always wonderful job.
Can't wait for this months class!! I have been playing with all my new stamps from Judiths!!

See you this Friday night for class.