Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Thursday, July 15, 2010

My first blog prize! My Little Shoebox Products

The My Little Shoebox design team blog recently hosted a blog hop to say farewell to some of their design team members. Outgoing design team members posted a final project and offered a prize of their own. Participating design team members who were staying on board posted a project and offered a prize too. Sending some love by way of a blog comment resulted in an entry for a random drawing for individual blog prizes as well as an MLS large prize package.

Former MLS design team member, Bethany Kartchner, suggested that she’d send a pack of Sprinkle Glaze Alpha Stickers to her blog winner. My entry on Bethany’s blog was selected for a prize. Cool, right?   HUGE understatement!!!


A lovely handmade card accompanied SIX different colors of Sprinkle Glaze Alpha Stickers AND more than 50 pieces, including double-sided patterned paper, die cut scalloped circle paper, overlay, and cardstock die cuts, from collections of:

Winter 2010 - Just Add Butter and All a Flutter,
Summer 2009 - In Bloom, Imagine a Forest, Sky’s the Limit, Little Ladies and Robots Unplugged, and
Winter 2009 - Whoo Loves You?, Who’s There, Flawless, and Turtles and Trees.

(Thank you Bethany for your very generous prize package!!! It was an especially wonderful surprise!)

I suspect that I have received a more valuable prize in having been introduced to Bethany through her blog. She seems to me to be a remarkable woman who can balance all aspects of real life and find joy in many things. Bethany wears a variety of crafting hats and posts regular product reviews, as well as information on multi-medium projects, paper crafting (stamping, scrapbooking, mini-books, card-making), photography, soldering, sewing clothing and soft toys, knitting, and jewelry-making. I’m sure there are things missing from that list! She’s married, with children, too! Go figure! Check her blog out here.

And now I'm off . . . to escape to a place in my li'l shoebox . . .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your win Rose!! Some nice stuff, I have won a few things on a few blogs, makes checking out blogs entertaining!!
Enjoy