Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Quilled Things With Wings

I'm following up on my post about Quilled Insects and Other Creepy Things (here) by including more quilled things with wings.  These quilled creations will grace my cards, scrapbook layouts and other papercrafting projects.  They're really sturdy and I'm comfortable with using them on covers of mini albums even though I know they'll be handled regularly.

Quilling four small circles and one larger circle then pinching them into different shapes gives me all I need to piece together this little bluebird.

The beginning shapes of circles, squeezed and pinched into teardrops, triangles, half-circles and squares can easily be seen in the different colors of these cute little bees.

This red and white butterfly is put together using quilled and husked pieces.


I attempted to add black spots to my ladybug's back by starting two of the circles with a little of a black strip and continuing the rest of the circle with red.

I also want to share with you that Denise from Custom Quilling in Cranford, NJ, is offering a $15 gift certificate as a prize that you might win if you take some time to tell her why you like quilling.  Stop by her blog and say hello.

May you have lazy summer days filled with papercrafting joy . . .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've wanted to try quilling for years! You did a wonderful job!

Donna said...

Great Job, Well I opened my package of stuff and started and only got into a few rolls, it was quite easy, and I was called away with something I had to do and not have been back to it since, maybe today, I have much to do, but your work looks great and makes me want to do it more, thanks again for your email.
See you Friday night for class.
Donna