Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Copics on the Road - Vermont

I recently had the pleasure of spending some time with a wonderful group of Copic lovers from Newport, Vermont (just 5-10 mins. from the Canadian border!).  Denise Piette, owner of The Front Desk Office Supplies and Scrapbooking, has begun to teach Copic classes there using some of my class kits as her base.  I was excited to visit and teach this group about the fabulous color selections that Copic provides for a variety of Skin Tones.  I brought my airbrushing equipment along so they could play a bit with the airbrush system too.

I was as happy as they were to share their first Copic airbrushing experience . . .

Laura, Marilyn, Denise and Jill
Later, Denise and her husband, Real, turned me on to Poutine (pronounced like pootsin).  It's just not right that something that tastes so good could be so bad for you.  Mmmm.  It's an incredibly delightful dish of crispy fries, covered with brown gravy and bits of curd cheese.  Mmmm.  I was supposed to share this plateful . . .
Top:  Curd Cheese Bits; Bottom:  Poutine (Mmmm)
We also visited the Haskell Public Library and Opera House that was built over the U.S. and Canadian border.  The floors of the library and the opera house are marked to clearly designate the border.  As this was my first visit to Canada, I was torn about which foot to enter first . . . It's the only place I can put either foot over the border without needing to show my passport . . .
 
 
Our ventures into Canada for apple picking were unsuccessful due to the rainy weather but Denise humored me by taking my picture near Vermont's beautiful Lake Memphremagog (did I get that right, Denise?).  The magnificent autumn foliage of Newport had already peaked but I was still able to catch the beauty in much smaller doses.
 
 
My autumn travels to Vermont to teach use of colorful Copic products reminded me that we just can't color as good as God can. 

But it'll sure be fun to try!!!
 
Oh . . . and did I mention how really good poutine tastes?!?!?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time, enjoyed reading about your trip!! And I see you enjoyed the food :), and learned a lot!!