Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Card Swap: Assemblyline Production with the Paper Cut

Participating in card swaps can be fun.  There's something very satisfying about seeing the progression and final results of completing a dozen or so of the same cards.

The Paper Cut products of pre-cut layers and pieces with coordinating envelopes make assemblyline production easy.  I've used cranberry scalloped cards, insert liners, Hopsack Land large scallop circles, and fossil circles, with green and Hopsack Land rectangles.


Adirondack Currant dye ink is the perfect coordinating color for stamping this Impression Obsession Peaceful Season sentiment.  A couple of gold mini brads adorn these popped up words.


Adirondack pitch black dye ink provides a clear image of this Impression Obsession Poinsettia and Holly stamp.


Copic markers in R22, R29, R59 and G82, G85 and G99 fill this image beautifully.


Here's a closer look at the 3-tone smooth blending with some Stickles Xmas Red added for the holly berries.


A strip of May Arts ribbon, wrapped around the card and tied in the front, adds a special homemade touch.


Here's a closer look at a single card.


The inside of the card includes a lighter, thinner insert for additional stamping or handwriting.


This is my submission for the upcoming card swap hosted by the Scrappers Cove.  I look forward to receiving the cards submitted by the other swap participants.  It's always interesting to see which techniques, colors, symbols, images, etc., that they choose to share.  It's really cool to have a sampling of their art work too!

* * * * * * *

Edited 12/5/10 to add:

Here are a few photos to show the beautiful cards that I received for participating in this swap.  You have to imagine the magnificent sparkle added as the photos just don't reflect the true beauty of sugar paper, stickles and glitter.

Velour, scallops, embossing, bling, and paper-piecing . . .


Vintage, matchbook, and diecuts . . .


Layers, tags, and pop-ups . . .


Wax, gloss, and pretty lacy inserts . . .


Oh, what fun it is to swap . . .