Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Monday, November 8, 2010

Copic Creations Challenge: Scenery and Browns

The latest Copic Creations challenge involves use of Copic brown tones and/or making a scene.  Zoe McGrath of Make "it" Crafty is sponsoring this challenge and offering three Copic Ciao markers and three of her digi images to the random winner.  Find out more about this challenge and Make "it" Crafty here.

I happen to have a jungle scene image by StarvingArtistamps that I've used for this challenge.  This Set the Scene backdrop "jungle" stamp is framed and fits perfectly on an A2 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" card front, allowing a slight border of the card to show.  The use of FYG2 (Fluorescent Dull Yellow Green), mixed with shades of Yellow-Green, helped to keep these jungle leaves nice and bright.  Some of the Copic shades of "E"arthtone have reddish tones and orange tones that allow nice brown variations in different areas of the same image.


I've included stamped images of a monkey and a vine too.  They're also made by StarvingArtistamps.  Malbec and vine are found in the DoodleFactory Valentine Remix set.


Here's the completed card that shows how I made a scene and used many of the Copic shades of brown.  The sentiment is from a Close to my Heart Spring Treasures set.


Copics used:
Leaves - YG11, YG13, YG17, FYG2
Snake - E41, E43, E47, T6, T0
Vines - E21, Y26, E27
Tree Trunks - E31, E35, E47, W3, W5
Tree Ground - E04, E07, E09, E02 (spots)
Dirt Bank - E95, E97, E99
Dirt Ground - E31, E35, E47
Sky - B28, B24, B21
Monkey - E95, E97, E99, E41

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi Rose, another fabulous creation. Your colouring of the fabulous scene is awesome and I just love the cute monkey hanging from his vine.

Thanks so much for playing along with us at Copic Creations.
hugs Heather xx