Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Just Magnolia Challenge - Lady Tilda

While following my daily blog-checking routine, I came across a sketch challenge at this Just Magnolia and hAnglar & sTanglar Challenge Blog (find it here).  I haven't participated in a sketch challenge like this before but found myself drawn to the blooming prize of their sponsor, Wild Orchid Crafts.  I've got to try to get those amazing little flowers - LOL!!!

I jumped right into the Scrappers Cove March card kit, and started cutting.  Uh oh.  I forgot to take a pic of supplies first.  I vaguely remember seeing Graphic 45's Steampunk Debutante Tags and Modern Marvels double-sided patterned paper, Bazzill dark brown and dark orange card stock, a ribbon slide, chipboard buttons, and a two-toned ribbon.

I inked up my Lady Tilda stamp from the Magnolia 2010 Fairy Tale Collection and filled this little treasure using Copic markers.


A cluster of small Petaloo Dazzlers in yellow, orange and green help my Lady Tilda shine . . .


Mina's sketch, posted in the Challenge Blog, involves neat layering and I enjoyed using it to put this card together in a jiffy.  This photo shows my completed card that I'm submitting for this Just Magnolia and hAnglar & sTanglar Challenge and the Scrappers Cove March card contest.



Copics used:
skin - E000, E00, YR00, R20
hair - E31, E35, E47
rose - R22, R29, R59
leaves - G82, G85, G99
dress/headband/gloves - Y13, Y26, Y28
grounding/outline shadows - W5, W3, W1

2 comments:

Andrea C said...

Excellent card, looks very classy x

Kathy said...

Gorgeous card!!! Yur coloring is amazing!!!! Beautiful details as well!! Good luck with the challenge!
)Kathy