Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Monday, February 28, 2011

Sharing the Joy of Zentangle

I had the honor of spending a very sunny Saturday morning with nine super talented women, many with extensive experience in painting on multiple surfaces using transfers.  Brenda kindly invited us into her warm New Jersey home to share her joy of Zentangle.

I'm happy to share this photo taken of some of their first Zentangle tiles . . .


Beautiful work . . .

3 comments:

Jane Wetzel said...

hi Rose- I just started "Zentangling" this past year and it is sooooo relaxing. Took a little workshop here and I LOVE it! These are such fun samples! :)tfs

Eiglas said...

Gosh! These take me back! Used to make these back in the day at High School (..usually somewhere inappropriate like my bag or school-book..!)!
Very relaxing! May have to have another go now...!
Hugs
Ei
x

Jami said...

Zentangle was at CHA, and I thought of you when I saw them. I am now addicted to doing this...you should see my desk calendar at work (this is now how I survive tele-conferences! lOL)