Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Card Art with Copics: Sweet Pea Stamps Fly Butterfly

The design team over at Crafts and Me is currently challenging paper crafters to use the color yellow.  Kraftin Kimmie is sponsoring this challenge and offering two Kraftin Kimmie stamps to a randomly selected entry.  Find out more about this challenge and sponsor here.

Crafts and Me is also having their first Blog Hop with great stamping prizes sprinkled throughout their design team blogs.  Hop along for lots of chances at winning.  Their Blog Hop runs through April 15th.  Find out more about how to start here.

Yellow is psychologically the happiest color in the color spectrum and radiates spiritual warmth.

I've used Copic colors to fill this amazing Fly Butterfly image by Ching-Chou Kuik.  Sweet Pea Stamps holds a license to Ching-Chou's images and they're also available through Crafts and Me.
Here's a view of the image after I die cut using Spellbinders Labels Eight and added a complementary background using purples.  Use of complementary purple provides a strong contrast that makes the yellow appear to pop.
This view shows my next step of adding Copic's Opaque White acrylic paint to return some of the highlights and gleam to the image . . .

Here's the completed card front showing my entry to the Crafts and Me "yellow" challenge.  I've added an Outlines Rubber Stamps Swarovski clear crystal SS5 to her ear and a thin ribbon border near the base.  These simple, plain embellishments allow my Copic technique-filled image to remain the focal point.


I'm also submitting this card as an entry into the "Hello Spring" challenge at In a Sweet Pea Dream.  A randomly selected entry will receive a $7 gift card for Sweet Pea Stamps.  Find out more about their challenge here.

Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair - E31, E35, E47
dress, wings - Y13, Y15, Y19, Y28, atyou Spica Gold
eyes - BV02, BV04, BV08, W1, W00, 0.03 black multiliner
outline shadow - W3, W1, W00
moons - BV08, BV04, BV02, Y00
airbrush - Y00, Y18, BV08

2 comments:

KymKreates said...

Your creation is a masterpiece!!

Thanks for joining us at In A Sweet Pea Dream!
KymKreates
DT Sweet Pea

Maire Gamber said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I just love your work! I am taking Suzanne Dean's copic classes and needed to do a metallic challenge I found your lovely copper piece in Sept 10. You suggested we try your colors and let you know how it went. I don't think is looks as fabulous as yours but I did use the colors you recommended. I still need a lot of practice and maybe someday it will look like yours!!! It can be found at
http://thejoyofcards.blogspot.com