Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Card Art with Copics: Crafts and Me Cocktail Melody

The design team over at the Crafts and Me Challenges blog wants to see your swirls.  Whimsy Stamps is sponsoring their challenge and offers a $15 gift certificate to a randomly selected winner.  Find out more about this challenge and sponsor here.

I've filled this image of Cocktail Melody by Lemon Shortbread using Copic colors. . .


I love how a little shading with C2 on the pearls, topped with a thin layer of Copic's Opaque White paint, allows the pearls to appear to be pearly white.  Yay!

This photo shows the inside of the open gatefold card where I've added a layer of Bazzill Smooth white for completing with handwritten note or stamped sentiment.  There's just a touch of a QuicKutz flourish die cut that carries over from the card front.  I enjoyed working with the great texture of Bo Bunny's Double Dots Mulberry.
 

Adorned with more QuicKutz flourishes and a touch of bling with Prima's Say It In Pearls Mixed Crystals Cream, I'm happy that this Cocktail Melody looks quite elegant on this card front.  Kaisercraft Gypsy Sisters Collection Esmerelda and an unknown brand of textured teal cardstock provides extra special matted layers.


This view shows the completed card, partly opened . . .


Cocktail Melody is a fabulous image to work with and will make a wonderful image to use for many occasions.

Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
martini glass - B000, YG11, 0
hair, wood grain - E31, E35, E47
eyes - BG11, BG13, BG15, C1, 0
dress - BG11, BG13, BG15, BG18
lips - R59, R29, R22
pearls - C2, opaque white

5 comments:

Teresa said...

Wow! Rose another stunner you never let me down I love the colous you have used and the card shape the whole card is very elegant, and you show of our Cocktail Melody perfectly.
Oh! I will be picking the bog hop winner this weekend.
tHANK YOU FOR JOINING IN AT CRAFTS AND ME THIS WEEK.
Teresa x

Sharon said...

Beautiful card. I love your coloring. Thanks for sharing.

Miss StampAlot said...

I absolutly adore you`re work... really stunning !

Maire Gamber said...

Wow! Your coloring always takes my breath away! You always seem to find the perfect image! Love everything about this card. You are fabulous!
Hugs
Marie

LindaH said...

I am totally at a loss for words! This is stunning!