Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Card Art with Copics: Sweet Pea Stamps Blue Eye Fairy

The Sweet Pea Stamps challenge blog, "In A Sweet Pea Dream," is currently hosting a challenge to "Bling It Up."  They're offering a $7 gift card for use at the Sweet Pea Stamps online store.  Find out more about this challenge here.

I laughed to myself as I began filling this magnificent Blue Eye Fairy image by Ching-Chou Kuik.  I couldn't help but say out loud, "My, what a big face you have."  I guess that's how Little Red Riding Hood felt when eyeing the Big Bad Wolf's teeth when he was disguised as her dear grandmother.  Anyway, this image does have a really big face . . . and big hair too.  LOL!!!

This photo shows a close up of the Blue Eye Fairy image filled with Copic colors.  I've added a tiny rhinestone to the center of each flower in her hair and choker, and to the stamped sparkles of the background . . .


Many of my Copic students ask if other opaque white applications are suitable for use over Copic ink colors.  If you're able to click on the above photo to enlarge it, then zoom into her eyes, you'll find better detail of how Ranger's Inkssentials opaque white pen works over dry Copic colors.  The pen has a ball point tip so I had to dab it several times over the pupil of her eyes in my attempts to get complete whitest coverage without the center showing a missed area because of the ball point removing color already there.  The Inkssentials opaque white pen also allowed color from the iris to show after my attempts at adding a gleam to her eyes.  Using the Inkssentials ball point pen resulted in fuller strokes too.  I have far better control of thinned Copic Opaque White acrylic paint resulting in much finer strokes and whitest coverage without having to repeat the application of paint.

Best Creation's Sunset Kisses glittered paper has a beautiful glazed and shimmering hibiscus that I wanted to use to coordinate with the flowers in the Blue Eye Fairy's hair.  Doodlebug's Bubblegum sugar coated cardstock is loaded from top to bottom with glitter.  A bit of Bazzill's dark pink and aqua provide a coordinated card base and matting.

This photo shows the completed card front including handmade paper punched flowers and a Mae West quote from Prickley Pear Stamps.


I used a Punch Bunch grape leaf, stamen and ash leaf, with a Carl Craft sakura punch in my attempts to add coordinating Hibiscus paper flowers.  Some Golden Rod Stickles shimmers in the center of each flower.  Here's a close up shot of the flowers and quote:


This side view shows the glaze and shimmer of the Best Creation Sunset Kisses glittered paper . . .


The expression of this image now looks much happier to me being surrounded by the colorful sparkle, glimmer and bling than she did as a simple black on white image.

I'm entering this card in the Sweet Pea Stampers "Showers of Flowers" challenge here.

I'm also entering this into the Crafts and Me digi team's "Anything Goes (optional Kraft)" challenge here.

Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair - T8, T6, T0
eyes, choker, draped top - B01, B04, B06, C1
lips, flowers - RV11, RV14, RV19
dotted background - RV000, Y000, B000

13 comments:

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Beautiful. I love those Sweet Pea Stamps. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. Hugs...Mona

Regina said...

Hi Rose. I hope you win some of these contests. Your work is awesome. Can't wait to take another class with you. Have a happy weekend.

Marie gamber said...

This is just butiful Rose! Thank you so much for the great information. Very inspiring!

Jayne A said...

wow what a stunning card. The coloured image is so professional.

Jayne
x

Jo Austin said...

OMG... this is absolutely beautiful. Very enchanting eyes!!

Just lovely.

Regards,
jo x

Sarah-Jane said...

Beautiful! xx

Mixed Media/ Altered Crafts said...

Absolutely Gorgeous! The Color is Fantastic! I love everything about it! Hugs,Tee

Renkata said...

wowwwzzaaa
She is stunning, but that is because of your amazing colouring.

Mary J said...

Gorgeous! Your colouring is so amazing Rose!

zandra said...

Great card. I have an award waiting for you.
Hugz, Z

Scrappellen said...

Absolutely stunning my friend!! Isn't she just gorgeous and as always you've coloured her beautifully, luv the colour combo and fab dps, glad you shared some of them with us 2In a Sweet Pea Dream":)
Good luck to you♥!:)
Hugs, Ellen

Teresa said...

Hello Rose, another beautiful creation with fantastic colouring.
Teresa x

Eiglas said...

What skin-tone! Just superb.
Hugs
Eiglas
x