Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Copic Creations Challenge: Doodling with Copics

The Copic goddesses at the Copic Creations Challenge blog want to see YOUR doodled art!  Penny Black stamps is sponsoring this challenge and offering special prize packages to FIVE randomly selected entries.   Find out more about this challenge and sponsor here.

The brush tips of Copic markers are very flexible and strong.  Don't be afraid to press that tip to your paper and bend that baby right in half to smoosh some of that juicy ink onto your project.  Your brush tips will spring right back into shape!  You can place those round or tear drop shapes to form flowers, stars, leaves, insects, fish, and more, then when that color is dry, outline your shapes with the Copic Multiliner to define your shape's edge.  You can use marker colors to coordinate with your papers too!  It's an awesome way to expand the use of your Copic markers.

Here I've had to bend the brush tip of my markers while pressing them to my paper so that the pointy end is to the outside of my shape, while the rounded end overlaps in the middle.  Five pointy ends to each shape and I've begun my star-shaped border.  (I first used a pencil to lightly trace the size of my main image's square to provide a guide for placement of my stars.)


When that ink was dry, I used my Copic Multiliner SP 0.1 to outline my star shapes to define the edges.  Because the Copic Multiliners are made of archival ink, the Multiliner ink won't feather when using the Colorless Blender to erase those spots where color remained outside of my added multiliner lines.  Yay!


For a finishing touch of my whimsical star-shaped border, I used my Copic Multiliner to add some scrolls between my stars.  When all the ink was dry, I applied atyou Spica Clear over each star for some amazing sparkle.  Then, I erased that pencil line.


This photo shows my Penny Black Mimi Amongst the Stars image placed on top of my Copic Doodled Star Border Frame.  Diamond Stickles covers the large star that Mimi is holding onto.


I chose my Copic colors to coordinate with the striped side of Best Creation's Birthday Stars double-sided glitter paper that I layered over my Bazzill brown cardstock.  A star charm from the My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose Bits and Pieces Hattie "Happy" collection is attached with a Tim Holtz charm clip.  A few Creative Impressions White Glimmer Round Fasteners adorn one corner.  A Penny Black sentiment accents this Mimi image nicely.

This photo shows the completed card front showcasing my Copic Doodled Border Frame with Penny Black stamps.


You have until June 30th to enter your Copic Doodled Art to the Copic Creations Challenge Blog.  Let's see what doodled shapes you can create!!!

Copics used:
skin - E000, E00, YR00, R20
hair - E31, E35, E47
wings - RV000, 0
dress - YG21, YG23, YG25
stockings - RV93, RV95, RV99
big star - B32, B37, B39
little stars, Doodled Border Frame - YG23, E59, B32, RV93, atyou Spica Clear

3 comments:

D said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! I love the stars and sparkles. The coloring looks fantastic!

Maire Gamber said...

How creative Rose! Your card is so colorful and fun! I must try doodling soon. Your is so pretty!
Hugs
Marie

Heather said...

This is fantastic Rose, what a brilliant little doodler you are!!!
Such a gorgeous image and I love that sentiment, she's certainly got lots of wishes there!!
Think I've discovered my computer problem and it's a local one so ?????
Don't fully understand = so nothing new there then!!
hugs
Heather xx