Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Friday, August 26, 2011

Card Art with Copics: Juniper by Sara Burrier

Early this month, I took some time to play with a newly released Crafts and Me digital image by Sara Burrier called Juniper.  I didn't realize until after I filled that image for a birthday card that Juniper may be a Christmas image.  As I posted the birthday card I thought I spotted a tree in her hair.  I've made some time to girlie her up a bit for a Christmas card.

I attempted to use Copic colors to fill Juniper after I printed her onto Bazzill Simply Smooth Ivory.  My Copic colors didn't behave as they normally do when I use my favorite paper for Copic markers, Bazzill Smooth White.  Instead, the Simply Smooth paper treated my application of Copics much like X-Press It Blending Card and Cryogen paper.  The Copic ink became very splotchy, my Colorless Blender was ineffective and I was disappointed with my finished colored image.  I'm showing it here anyway as her splotchy skin looks scaly like her tail and arms.

This view shows a closeup of my Copic-filled Juniper image:


I've used My Mind's Eye Holly Jolly "Candy Canes" paper with Bazzill Kraft, red and green.  I used grungeboard covered with green cardstock to die cut a Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Pine Tree to show how Juniper is using the string of pearls wrapped around her hand to trim the tree.  KaiserCraft white pearls and Prima's Say It in Crystals help to bling it up.  The pre-printed My Mind's Eye "i believe" decorated ribbon provides text.

I've added handmade poinsettias layered from Carl Crafts large, medium and small Kikyou punches with a Punch Bunch medium holly and small flowers.  Yellow Stickles adds bling to the flower centers and Stickles Diamond glitter glue is painted over the surface of all of my handmade flowers.  You can find out more about how I make these layered poinsettias here.



This photo shows my completed card front using Juniper by Sara Burrier:


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Christmas-Winter Sketch (here)
Divas by Design Christmas in August (here)
Colour Create Kraft, Red, White/Cream (here)
Winter Wonderland Trim A Tree (here)
Papertake Weekly Dies to Die For (here)
Creative Card Crew Handmade Flowers (here)
One Stitch at a Time Bling It Up (here)
Sparkle Creations Weekly Christmas Card Challenges Glitter! (here)
Creative Inspirations Text Me (here)
Charisma Cards Glitter It (here)


Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93
hair, fins - Y13, Y26, Y28
tree in hair - G82, G85, G99
tail, arm scales, breast plate - R22, R27, R59
airbrushed outline - BG99
Copic Opaque White for image's pearls

19 comments:

Deb said...

Wow! fabulous coloring and such gorgeous rich colors, love your papers and embellie's, thanks so much for joining our "Bling it On" challenge this week at One Stitch at a Time
Debs
xxx

Gram's Treasures said...

Such lovely colours and all that detail...a wonderful card! Thanks for joining us for our glitter challenge this week at Charisma.
Joyce xx

Danielle said...

Very pretty card Rose with lots of gorgeous detail! I like your concept of her placing the pearls around the tree ... thanks for joining our challenge this week at Winter Wonderland. Hope to see you next week too!
Hugs, Danielle

Maire Gamber said...

Actually, I like the roughness in tone... It adds to the image. your collor selection is fabulous. Very rich and the colors go so well together! Love the flowers! Must check out the site1
Hugs,
Marie

downrightcrafty said...

wow great interpretation on the tree and love all the intricate details on the card along with that fabulous image, thank you so much for sharing with us at the Winter Wonderland this week
Hugs Kate xx
PS I have candy if you are interested :)

Anonymous said...

Very Pretty card. Beautiful colouring
Hugs Julie P

StephC said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! So glad you joined us for this weeks CCC!

Hazel said...

Beautiful Christmas card, very different. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hazel x

Dina said...

what a stunning card, thanks for koining us at ccws

NGCARDS said...

A great card hun! Thanks for joining in with our Text Me Challenge over at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Made by Mandy said...

Fabulous card, many thanks for joining in with our Bling It Up challenge over at OSAAT

Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

Scrappy Scatty said...

Lovely card a lovely image
thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week
Love Jan
xx

Allison said...

lovely card
Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Angie said...

Fab card love the colours and the wounderful image. Also fabulous details

Thanks for joining us at papertake weekly

Angie x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Rose, what a stunning card. I love the image and the glitter looks beautiful. Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz this week. Hugs, Denise x

Unknown said...

Hi Rose, my goodness what a beautiful card. The image is just stunning and coloured beautifully I think. The colour combo is just perfect. Thanks for joining in with us this time at Divas by Design. Sarah

Teresa said...

wow! Rose that is a great xmas card with Juniper it is georgous.
Teresa x

Sarah-Jane said...

I really love your card. So beautiful. xx

Julie said...

Oh your card is simply stunning!! Fabulous colouring and gorgeous embellishments - perfect in every detail! Thanks for joining us at Colour Create this time around, Juliexx