Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Card Art with Copics: The Talisman by Sara Burrier

I'm thrilled to have a chance to add color to this amazing and recently released Sara Burrier image named The Talisman.  This very young mermaid is holding a shell as though it's a magnificent treasure.  Here’s my first attempt at filling this fabulous image using Copic colors.


I've used the brush tip of my Copic marker to add some doodled seaweed to the base of my background.

The photo shows how I've layered Bazzill white cardstock to complete my card front, allowing The Talisman to remain the focal point of this simple and plain card . . .



This wonderful image can easily share the message of "thank you" for the gift, "from me to you," any birthday sentiment or a simple "thinking of you."    Some added sand and/or small shells will really add great detailed support to this image.


Copics used:
Skin – E000, E01, E11, E93
Hair/Shell - E31, E35, E47
Tail - BG11, BG13, BG15, B60, B63, B66, Y13, Y15, Y19
doodled seaweed - YG95
Airbrushed background – Y13, BG13, BG15, BG18, YG97

1 comment:

Jo Austin said...

Rose... I can't believe this card has had no comments!!! Looking through your blog (I follow it!) and this card is just absolutely stunning!

The colouring is awesome.. beautiful.

Jo