Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Card Art with Copics: Fall Masquerade Fairy by Caron Vinson

Caron Vinson is an amazing artist who creates wonderful fantasy art and Sweet Pea Stamps carries a line of Caron Vinson's fairies and mermaids in rubberstamps.  I've used one of Caron's masquerade fairies for an autumn-colored thank you card.

This photo shows a closer view of my Fall Masquerade Fairy.  I've painted Diamond Stickles over her wings for added sparkle.


I've adhered a faux stitched matting of Best Creations sparkling patterned paper to my card made from Bazzill brown cardstock.  Creative Memories oval cutters helped to form my image shape.  A couple of Sizzix circle die cuts shape the background.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts.

A few holographic leaf stickers by American Greetings help to add some autumn sparkle to my card.



Here's a view of my full card front showing my use of Caron Vinson's Fall Masquerade Fairy by Sweet Pea Stamps.



I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Sketch Saturday "Sketch by Jo" (here)
Sweet Pea Stampers "Sticker Shock" (here)
In A Sweet Pea Dream "Thankful using Fall Colors" (here)
Crafty Creations "Thanks/Gratitude" (here)
Flutterby Wednesdays "Open" (here)
PaperPlay "Being Thankful" (here)
Totally Gorjuss "Sparkle" (here)
Dream Valley "Sparkle" (here)




Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, BV00, E93
hair - E31, E35, E47
wings - Y13, Y26, Y28
top - YG61, YG63, YG67
skirt - YR20, YR23, YR24
dotted background - YR20, YG61, Y26, 0

12 comments:

Cards By MI said...

Such stunning card. I love it!
Love n hugs
Marie

Céline said...

fab card, amazing coloring
thanks for playing with us at paperplay this week
hugs
céline dt member

BrossArtAddiction said...

Wow stunning! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday and Good luck! :D

Hugz & TFS,
xx Tracey/SS-DT xx

Jayne A said...

Beautiful card and a stunning use of colour.

Jayne
x

Love crafts forever said...

Thank you so much for playing with us at Sweet Pea Stampers "Stickers" challenge. Good luck.
Hugs Nataliya

jennifer said...

gorgeous! thanks for joining us at In A Sweet Pea Dream!

Unknown said...

OMGOSH What a Beautiful card! Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous work with us this week at Paper Play Challenges - Hope we see you again next week:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Bettina L. said...

Wow this simply is beautiful. Love those colours and all the sparkle. The fall design is beautiful. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss and good luck. Hope to see you back saturday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

MagsB said...

Wowee, what a fabulous image! Such gorgeous colouring! All the sparkle is so lovely, too. Altogether a very beautiful card! Thank you for joining in at Dream Valley Challenges!

love, MagsB x

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Rose, What a lovely card you have made. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

Sue Jones said...

Truly Stunning - Love those blinging leaves:)
Thanks for joining in at SPS this week

Cazza said...

Wow, this is absolutely STUNNING! Such a beautiful card and amazing colouring!
Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week over at Sketch Saturday :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx