Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Simple Note Card Folder Set with Silhouettes

Crafts and Me Stamps has recently released several amazing digital silhouette fairy stamps.  They're beautiful images that can easily be resized to provide wonderful consistency within a card set that's perfect for gift giving!  What a fabulous way to share handwritten notes with magically enchanted cards.

To create my folder, I cut a 12x12 sheet of Bazzill brown to 11 1/2" x 8 1/2" then with the long side of the paper horizontally, I scored a vertical line at 5 1/2" and 6".  I scored another line 2 1/2" above the bottom edge.  I made a mark with a pencil along the bottom edge of the cardstock 1/2" on each side of the vertical scored lines.  I lined up the 1/2" mark with the outside intersection of the scored lines and drew a line.  I cut along the diagonal lines and removed the center too.  Here's how the outline of the folder looks now:

Score and Cut Folder Outline

I've pencil marked 3" above the bottom scored line of the folder at 3/8" from each outside edge and each center score lines.  I punched a 3/16" hole over each of my pencil marks and set 1/4" large eyelets with the backs of the eyelets facing the inside of the folder.  I folded at the score lines to form the folder and creased each fold with a bone folder for a nice, crisp crease.  A 2" length of super strong 1/4" redline tape is added to the outside vertical edges of the flaps only.  (Do NOT adhere tops or diagonal edges of flaps.)  Here's how the folder looks now:

Add eyelets for threading ribbon

Adhere the folder flaps to the bottom outside edges.  Using a 30" length of 5/8" satin ribbon, begin to thread the ribbon through the eyelets.  First through the top of the right side of the front cover (ribbon shows inside folder), through the underside of the left side of the front cover (ribbon shows outside of the folder's binding edge), through the bottom of the left side of the back cover (ribbon shows inside folder) and finally through the top of the right side of the back cover.  There's enough ribbon to hold A2-sized cards and envelopes in place when they're inside of the folder and to tie a nice big bow on the outside of the folder's side.

Completed folder ready for decorating

Now the folder is ready to decorate!!!


I've used Fairy Friends to decorate the folder cover . . .

Fairy Friends

Basic Gray's neutral toned decorative patterned papers provide simple layers for my cards.  Spellbinders Labels Three has a wonderful circular element that allows a perfect combination for a sweet and simple note card folder set using Crafts and Me Stamps newly released silhouette images.


This card shows my use of Fairy Love . . .


Fairy Love

Here's a view of Fairy of the Holly . . .

Fairy of the Holly

This is Fayette Fairy . . .

Fayette Fairy

Here's a view of Nature Fairy . . .

Nature Fairy

This view shows the coordinated collection of note cards with the folder using the five newly released magical silhouette images . . .

Crafts and Me Stamps Silhouette Images

This project comes together pretty quickly as there is no additional coloring medium needed for the images.  The printer does all the work! This note card folder set is alot of fun to make, it'll be a great handmade gift and it's handy to have a few cards ready when you need them yourself.

I'm entering this project into the following challenges:
Anything Goes "Anything Goes" (here)
Crafty Creations "Something New" (here)
Crafty Catz "Use Something New" (here)



I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

8 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Rose
Gorgeous and beautiful cards and a fabulous idea,thankyou for sharing this with us this week at CraftyCatz
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Rae said...

Thank you for the folder tutorial. I want to try it for my next set of cards.
I love your story "In Rosies book..." Sounds like a great family memory.
The fairy images are sweet, love the card set!

Inkypinkycraft said...

Really pretty fairy cards, thanks playing at anything goes this week, hugs trace x dt

Mina said...

wow stunning set Rose...fantastic idea
Mina xxx

Aunty Sue said...

Totally stunning, thanks for joining Crafty Catz ths week

Annette said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes!
Hugs Annette

Joanie said...

Great set of cards, love the silhouettes.
Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes

Joanie said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes