Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Monday, June 11, 2012

Card Art with Copics: Crafty Secrets Car Classics

I think that old vehicle images make wonderful additions to cards for males of all ages.  It seems to me that most young boys are attracted to all types of vehicles at a very early age and that interest continues as they grow older.  I enjoyed working with my Copic colors while attempting to portray the reflective nature of metal in this larger image of an old car from the Crafty Secrets 2010 Car Classics large set.

This photo shows a closer view of my Copic-filled image.  I love how the characteristics of the Copic ink allow the reflective surfaces of metal to shine.



I debated whether it was appropriate to add any kind of flowers to a man card and decided that using metal from a set of Tim Holtz idea-ology Flowers, Leaves and Long Fasteners looked good without being too girly.  I also considered that it would be safe to replicate a floral wreath marking a race horse win so I adhered three small coordinating handmade accent daisies to a Tim Holtz idea-ology Sprocket Gear shaped like a steering wheel from an old vehicle.  Here's a closer view of my handmade paper flowers . . .



I layered older Paper Pizazz Hot Off the Press Masculine Sara Papers in stripe and paisley with Bazzill cardstock.  A border and bow made of 1/4" velour ribbon coordinates well.  I added a Tim Holtz idea-ology Adornments crown with a Charm Clip and Jumpring.  My Happy Father's Day sentiment is from a Close To My Heart Say It In Style set.

This photo shows my completed card front . . .





I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
One Stitch at a Time "For the Man in your Life" (here)
Dream Valley "For that Special Guy" (here)
One Stop Craft "Fathers Day" (here)
Secret Crafter "Happy Fathers Day" (here)
Delicious Doodles "For the Fellas" (here)
PaperCrafting Journey "Color it Up" (here)
Simon Says Stamp! "Diamond Jubilee, Crowns and/or Gems" (here)
Creative Inspirations "Card for a Male" (here)
Cards for Men "Father's Day" (here)
Sweet Stamps "For Dad" (here)


Copics used:
car body - B32, B34, B37, B39
chrome - C1, C3, C5
airbrushed background - B32, B34, B37, C5, C3, C1


I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

16 comments:

Deanna said...

Love the car image/coloring and the detail you added to the card:)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great job coloring and shading with Copics! Love the grungy flowers- perfect on this Father's Day card! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps!

Deb said...

Gorgeous car and such a fabulous layout, the perfect guy card, thanks so much for sharing with us this week at One Stitch at a Time
Deb
xxx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Wow Rose your colouring is just always so amazing! Absolutely love this and all of the little charms and details you have added :)

coops said...

fabulous male card rose.really love your colouring and fab details :D

xx coops xx

scrapperjulia said...

Wow, love how you colored this card, beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at The One Stop Craft Challenge!

Josephine said...

Oh, this is gorgeous!

Thanks for joining the 'for a man' challenge at One Stitch at a Time, and good luck!

Pia S said...

This is a beautiful card! Elegant design, lovely papers and fab metal details. Just perfect for your choice of image!

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

I love your creations Rose!! I am a fan and follower of your blog. I am passing you the Liebster Blog award in honor of your gorgeous blog and creativity. You are such an inspiration to me and to many others every day. Please visit my blog and click on the image and save to your side bar. You deserve this award so much. Have an awesome day!! Gloria Shirr

Visit my blog. I would love more followers.
http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Franz♥ said...

Wow! Gorgeous card, wonderful colouring!

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous job with us at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week.

Hugs, Franz.

Aunty Sue said...

What a fab card wonderful colouring and embellishments, thanks for playing at creative inspirations this week

Marcea said...

Thankyou so much for joining us with our jubilee celebrations on Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog last week. I hope you can join in our new challenge this week too
-x-

Becky said...

wow, what an awesome Fathers Day card. I think those flowers look perfect for a guy :)

Unknown said...

Fabulous colouring on a fabulous card. Thanks for playing over at Dream Valley x

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Gorgeous car! Love your card. thanks for joining in with our challenge over at OSAAT this week and good luck. Hugs Julie x

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

What a super card for a bloke. Great colouring of the image. Thank you for sharing with us at Delicious Doodles' "for the Fellas'" challenge