Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Friday, June 22, 2012

Elisabeth Bell's Apple Bake Digi Bells' Blog Hop

To celebrate the newest addition to Elisabeth Bell's Digital Gallery (here), the Digi Bells Design Team is hosting a blog hop.

How can you win your own Apple Bake digi image?  You'll have to hop through and leave comments on EACH blog.  [You can find the full list of 11 other blogs at the Digi Bells Design Team blog (here).]  Lynda will pick 3 blogs at random and the winners will be picked from those comments. The hoppers will have until June 29, 2012 at 9 AM to leave comments. The winners will be posted at the Digi Bells' blog on Saturday, June 30, 2012.

Reminder:  Buying then sharing digital images is theft.  Sharing digital images takes income away from the artist.



* * * * *

I've used Apple Bake on the front of a side open card.  Cardstock and Bo Bunny Double Dots textured papers are layered with older Stampin' Up! Summer Picnic patterned paper to provide the perfect apple-themed background.  I've used the deckle edge rotary blade on my Purple Cow paper trimmer to give the appearance of torn paper throughout my card elements and image.    A basket spilling fresh apples is sprinkled with apple blossoms.  A Close To My Heart Fruitful Delight "apple" sentiment pairs up with a Crafty Secrets Tea with Alice large set "Yum" sentiment.  A Creative Imaginations "From My Kitchen with Love" grosgrain ribbon adds a nice bow to one corner.  Home Pro golden metal corners adorn a corner of a card layer and my image.

A QuicKutz basket die cut on its side is spilling Sizzix chipboard die cut apples to show the fresh apples leftover after making this scrumptious pie.  Some handmade punched apple blossoms are scattered throughout this apple cluster that includes a QuicKutz die cut pie.  The wonderful shine and dimension added to the basket, pie and paper covered chipboard apples is easily added with a layer of Glossy Accents.




Here's a view of my completed card front showcasing my use of Elisabeth Bell's Apple Bake digi image in my usual Classically Shabby style . . .





Remember to leave your comment below then move along to your next stop at the wonderfully-talented Wendy's blog (here).  For reference, you can find the full list of the blogs to hop at the Digi Bells Design Team blog (here).


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Elphine House Australia "Distressing or Paper Tearing" (here)
Papertake Weekly "BINGO" (here) Ribbon - Free - Blooms
Fab 'n Funky "Polka Dots" (here)
PaperPlay "Use a Die" (here)
Emerald Faeries aka A&T Digital Designs "Chipboard" (here)
Stampin' for the Weekend "Show Us Your Style" (here) - Classically Shabby




Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93
hair - E31, E35, E47
golden pie crust, cat - E50, E53, Y26
pants - B91, B95, B97
shirt - R30, R43, R46
apron ties - YG91, YG95, YG97
apron - W5, W3, W1, W00, E41, 0
airbrushed background - W5, Y26, Y08, YG91


"Top 3" June 26, 2012 A&T Emerald Faeries



I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

29 comments:

whimsical whispers said...

My favourite so far, in this blog hop, love the coloured image, and those apples look good enough to eat :)
Jo
xx

Guylou said...

My favorite...amazing, gorgeous.....

Unknown said...

Wow Rose this is fabulous. I love your fabulous apples - they look sooo real.
hugs
Dawn xx

Carla S. said...

This is gorgeous, Rose! I love your apple embellishments and other great details! Wonderful coloring of the adorable new image!

Lynda Nielsen said...

WOWEE - Look at that GORGEOUS Coloring... and those beautifl strands of hair. Your work just amazes me Rosie... but the card, ah yes the card, Girl I don't even know what to say to you... Every aspect of this card is beyond gorgeous with all the tiny detail. Beautiful work I love every piece of it.
Big Hugs,
Lynda

Sue said...

gorgeous card Rose, such a lovely image and coloured so beautifully too. I really love those fab embellishments
Hugs Sue

Cathy Lee said...

Gorgeous card, Rose. Love how you colored her especially that gorgeous hair. Awesome design and fabulous metal corners.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, love the apples and basket...cute! Hugs! Leah Ann

Lotte said...

I absolutely love your card. The way everything fits together! Just great!. Thank you for sharing and giving us inspiration. Hugs Lotte

coops said...

so stunning rose.fab sweet image and i love your fantastic colouring and sweet glossy apples ;D

xx coops xx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

This is awesome rose!! I love everything about it...super cute image and of course your colouring is fantastic...but I especially love the details. The apple basket is the cutest! I really feel like I need an apple die cut now......... LOL

Laetitia said...

Oh wow, grand!!! I love everything on your card, from the cute image (of course) to the lush embellishments you used. The ribbon is lush, and the apple basket just fantastic.
Such a talented lady,
Thanks for the inspiration,
Laetitia xx

ahlers5 said...

Love everything on this card! It's gorgeous. The embellishments are amazing!
Diane

loulou said...

Your card is wonderful Rose, so many lovely details, cheers Linda

Jayne A said...

Gorgeous card
Hugs
Jayne
x

stampingtink said...

So over the top! I love the basket and the pie! Great coloring and I love the flowers. Thanks for sharing.

Susan

Wendy Thompson said...

Rose your card is stunning. I am in awe of your colouring it is terrific.

EmbossingQueen said...

Gorgeous card! Almost good enough to eat. I love the addition of the basket with apples and the pie. The glossy accents really gives them a realistic shine and dimension.

Mary Lou said...

Simply "The Best" Rose!! Everything about this card is BRILLIANT!!!!
Hugz and blessings

angelic crafter said...

just hopping by to say hi...HI!! Boy am I glad I landed at your blog...such beautiful work you do...I am now a follower and cant wait to see the rest of your work...this card made me go WOW...my favourite...love the apple brads XOX Tania

Mary said...

This is gorgeous!!! Such an adorable image and you've colored it so beautifully. I love the little added basket of apples.

Andrea said...

Your card is lovely, thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly this week. Andrea x

Tonya said...

WOW!! This is one gorgeous card. Your coloring is so awesome. I cannot get over that perfect hair. Amazing!

Judith said...

I love this beautiful card your colouring is just erect! and those littlr rosy apples just finish it so well thanks for playing at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week and good luck hugs Judith x

Leah's Boutique said...

Very Helpful on posting the copic colors use - especially for a beginner like me.

Janneke said...

What a stunning card ;o)
Thanks for joining us at Elphine House Australia!

Janneke X

Ginger said...

Gorgeous coloring! Awesome ribbon and love the embellishment! Fabulous job!

Ginger said...

Gorgeous Card. Great ribbon. I love the embellishment! Great job on this card!

Janiel/ janny said...

Hello Rose, stunning coloring and card!!! Love the colors and the little deets..
big hugs to you, Janiel