Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Card Art with Copics: KennyK's Jet Setter

With the holidays on their way, many travelers are making arrangements so they can share special times with their families and friends.  With that in mind, I've opted to use KennyK's Jet Setter, complete with luggage, to share loving thoughts with my dear daughter who sadly won't be able to join us this year for our holiday celebrations.

Here's a closer view of my Copic-filled image.  I've painted a light coating of Walnut Stain Distress Stickles over her coat to add some sparkling texture.


I layered Bo Bunny's A Gift of Love "Believe Peace" over black cardstock then used Memory Box' Grand Heart to create my double gatefold card with a heart window.

This view shows my card when fully opened so the heart windows show on each side . . . I've added an Inkadinkado Warm Holiday Wishes clear stamp then tried to fill the stars with the brush tip of a Wink of Stella clear pen.  I'm unhappy with the uncontrollable blobs of sparkle that fell over my stars.



Prima's Tea Roses Sweet Teal and Heirloom Paper Leaves Willow are clustered with a Basic Grey's Fabric Yo Yos button flower and cotton flower with Michael's Celebrate It Sparkling 3/8" ribbon, Morex Corp's white 1/4" Organdy ribbon and Petite Stitch 1/8" ribbon to embellish the lower right of the front of my card.



This scanned view shows how the card front looks when the sides are closed and overlap . . .



I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
KennyK's Krafty Krew "Button, Boots and Bling" (here)
Divas by Design "Anything Goes" (here)
Cute Card Thursday "Christmas Catch Up" (here)
Paper Crafting Journey "It's Christmas Time" (here)
Crafty Catz "Anything Goes" (here)
Sweet Stampin' "Last Minute Christmas" (here)
Crafty Ribbons "Anything Goes with Ribbon" (here)
Totally Gorjuss "Special Christmas" (here)
Southern Girls "Christmas-themed Projects" (here)


Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair, suitcase - E31, E35, E47
sweater, stickers - RV63, RV66, RV69
pants, stickers - BG70, BG72, BG75, BG78
suitcase - YG21, YG23, YG25
boots, wheel - T0, T6, T9
suitcase hardware - C1, C3, C5
grounding shadow - W5, W3, W1
airbrushed background - B72, speckles BG78, R89


As always, I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

12 comments:

Crafty Ribbons said...

A fantastic creation. Thank you for joining in with our challenge at Crafty Ribbons x

Unknown said...

Your coloring is awesome! And I love the folding you did. Thank you for your inspiration!
Anna

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Hi Rose!! Look at that coloring wow! Such an awesome card. Thanks so much for playing with us at KennyK Krafty Krew’s *Buttons, Boots & Bling* challenge !

Tammy, KennyK DT Coordinator/Designer & Facebook Admin from Créations LaDiva :) xx

Debbie said...

Super Last minute Christmas and perfect for our challenge this week at Sweet Stampin'. Happy Christmas to you. Debbiex

Lau W said...

Wouah !! this is very nice !!! Gorgeous creation !!
xxx

Unknown said...

this is great, thanks for joining us over on divas by designs x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Fabulous card, love the image and the shape. Thanks for joining in with Divas By Design
Lindsay xx

Unknown said...

Thank you for your entry in the crafty ribbons challenge for this week. Glad you could join in
P xx

Linda Levoir said...

What a lovely creation. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week for our Anything goes Challenge :) xx
I have Candy on my Blog up for grabs until Christmas http://stickywithglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

PaperDaisies said...

Great card. Love your colouring. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Great 'Last Minute' Xmas card - perfect for our challenge this week. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

Anke said...

lovely creation, thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
Good luck and hope you have a great Christmas
xx